10/5/10

Random Tuesday Thoughts

randomtuesday

I'm on my third hour of Chuggington.  It's a Disney show about trains and probably my least favorite Disney show.  But LB is sick, so I'm indulging him.

Speaking of indulging him, I picked up a cute blue frosted whale cookie with sprinkles this morning on my way home from the gym.  It's sitting on the counter on LB's plate next to the dishwasher.  I spotted a blue droplet on the counter next to the plate, so I swiped it up with my finger and licked it, thinking it was a stray drop of frosting.  Nope... it was a stray drop of Cascade.  Yum.

JC is cutting his molars and is super cranky lately.  LB, like I said, is sick.  He has a cough and has been sleeping past 8am every morning for the past few days (very unusual for him).  So this house has been quite stressful during the day!

I booked a hair appointment for December.  Haven't had one since spring 2009.  The reason I wait so long is that I won't see anyone else except Amy in NH.  She's the only one that doesn't butcher my hair, but that also means I have to wait until my next NH trip to get my hair cut.  Right now, it touches my butt.  Crazy.

Is there anyone else out there that can taste and smell pesticides??  Maybe I just have super-sensitive tastebuds or something, but I can definitely tell the difference between regular and organic produce.  Especially lettuce- the non-organic tastes like hairspray.  And non-organic grapes smell like a campfire.

Hubby and I have recently overhauled our diets.  We don't eat anything with aspartame or sodium benzoate, and try to eat as organic as possible.  It's a little expensive, but I think it's worth it.  Pretty scary what all this fake crap can do to us.

Not much is going on around here.  My brain is so kid-oriented that I don't have many random thoughts.  Hubby told me Sunday to get out and do something, and the only thing I could think of was going to the gym.  That's my life right now- kids, household, and gym.  Ugh, how boring!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi! I found your blog through theunmom.com's RTT... I noticed you're from NH! What part? I grew up in Meredith...

Hope you're having a good day!!

navynest said...

Omg too funny! I am doing the sam thing when I go back to NH. Getting my hair cut from one of the same two people I always have in Manchester. I just don't trust anyone else!