5/7/10

What do I say?

Okay english majors, I'm asking for your help. I'm not the best with words, as evident in my erratic and random postings, but I don't know what to say in this situation.

My friend's baby passed away today. He was very sick and went through a lot in his short life of 6 months. How in the world do you express sympathy for this? I have no clue how to word it and what to say. I haven't gone through this (not exactly), so I'm at a loss about what to say.

My friend is doing well, on the surface and long-distance (they're in VA Beach). She is a tough chick and appears to be taking it well, as well as a mommy possibly could. And I don't want to bug her with phone calls- obviously, they'll be busy in the next week and probably won't want to talk. So I'm left with email and messages, which (thankfully) I can edit and prepare for. But still not sure what to say.

*sigh* It shocked the hell outta me and I haven't been able to stop thinking of them all night. I can't imagine going through that... That would be my biggest nightmare, to lose one of the boys.

No comments: