20. Highway 50 through Nevada may be iconic, but it is boring.
19. Protein bars on an empty stomach make me nauseated.
18. I am officially allergic to every single state in this nation.
17. A short day in the middle of the trip allows everyone to relax and recharge.
16. And, a short last day is ideal. There's nothing worse than knowing you're almost there, but having to drive another five hours.
15. South Dakota is way more beautiful than I expected it to be.
14. No matter where I go, the northeast always feels like home.
13. A portable DVD player is the way to go when traveling with little kids.
12. Search out the good deals. We stayed at several Comfort Inns, which earned us free nights, and I could apply a discount to the rates.
11. If the first thing your mover says to you is "Alright, let's get this done so I can go home, smoke a fatty, and drink some beers!!", you should probably suck it up and unpack yourself.
10. Not all boxes need to be unpacked.
9. Wall, SD is a very unique stop.
8. Don't go below a third tank of gas in Wyoming. You might go an unexpectedly long way before seeing the next gas station.
7. My husband has some incredible patience.
6. Silver Springs, NV is totally the inspiration for Radiator Springs.
5. Don't break the bank, but make sure you eat some good food. Finding a hair in your chinese after you've been hungry all afternoon is disappointing and gross.
4. Keep a bottle of Febreze in your car. Spray the interior every night before going into your hotel room. You'll thank me later.
3. Missing several weeks of internet access makes you feel like you've missed out on a decade.
2. If you disassemble your furniture, and you are driving to your next duty station, bring the screws with you. It beats searching through boxes just to put your children's beds together.
1. Take the scenic route. It might add a little more time, but it's better than zoning out on the highway for hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wall Drug was definitely the place to be! I came at it from the east, but I'm guessing you also saw billboards for 100 miles so you just HAD to stop too?
Also, loved the Cars reference. I need to see the sequel ASAP. Sorry for your allergies. And yikes on #11.
Glad you got this list out of your drive! Welcome "home"!
South Dakota is beautiful, isn't it? Did you make it to The Badlands? Totally amazing scenery. Wall Drug is a hoot!
I drove out west to Seattle when I was in my twenties - I'd love to do it again!
Welcome back to New England! I'm with you - a New England gal through and through!
Post a Comment