Isn't it Murphy's Law that once the husband leaves on deployment, things around the house go haywire and tend to break down?
Hubby is gone for the weekend, but apparently Murphy didn't get that memo and thinks he's deployed. Why? Because:
1. My toilet won't flush (and I reeeeeeally have to go).
2. The DVD-RW in my laptop is kaput.
3. The kids are acting like they've eaten straight-up sugar all morning.
4. My car keeps beeping at me to change the damn oil already (okay, that one I can fix on my own... but Hubby did promise to change it for me).
I know it's a nice day out, but I seriously feel like some beef stew and a hot toddy, then vegging on the couche watching football. Luckily, my slow cooker is going with the stew, but I might run down the street for some whiskey for that hot toddy. Anyone want to join me?
Murphy, you're not invited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll join. It's beautiful out and I'm in my robe in bed blog hopping :)
Post a Comment