5/30/08

Some thoughts

Well, here it is, my second blog. I've been a lazy-ass all day today. I didn't even get out of my PJs, which was rather embarassing when Hubby's friend stopped by, but whatever. I watched a little bit of "Bridezillas", but had to turn it off. These parents spend over $20K on their daughters' weddings, which is absurd!! Don't these women realize it's WHO you marry, not HOW you marry?? It just makes me so mad- I think being selfish is the most horrible trait a person can have. And second to that are the men who bend over backward for these women that treat them like dirt. And let's not even start with the spineless, indulgent parents...

To lower my blood pressure, I watched Sesame Street and forgot how awesome that show is. It's actually really funny for adults, too- there was some humor that kids clearly wouldn't get. LB seemed pretty into the Cookie Monster- like mother, like son. :) It was on TV yesterday and realized that he was fascinated by it. We were at a playdate yesterday, although the kids didn't really play with each other, haha. I think it was more of a playdate for the mommies!

I made some strawberry cupcakes today. They turned out very yummy- I will have to share with friends and the neighborhood kiddies so I don't end up eating all of them. I'll be meeting some wardroom wives tomorrow for dinner, so I'll bring some with me. That will also provide some fodder for my next post tomorrow. Also, it's Puppy's 2nd birthday tomorrow!

Lately I've been dying to paint the walls in our house to give it a little color, but I'm not willing to paint them white again once we leave next year. I suppose my creative side will have to wait.

...Hmm, after re-reading this post, I think I sound like a Martha Stewart-wannabe....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sesame Street is freakin' hilarious - I watched one skit a fews ago which was a takeoff on American Idol - except the three muppet judges were searching for the next "American I." Which was the letter of the day, of course.

Hey you should post any new recipes you try out - I also am trying to upgrade my cooking skills!