2/22/09

14 hours?

Last night, LB was fussy and rubbing his eyes around 5:00pm. I knew it was going to be an early night for him. The previous night, we had stayed up until 9:30pm (he usually goes to bed at 7), so it's no surprise that he was tired. I put him down at 6:30 and didn't hear a peep from him. Now, it's 8:30am the next morning, and he's still sleeping! Either that, or he's quietly awake and just playing around in his crib.

I'm glad at least one of us is getting a good night's sleep. Usually when Hubby is deployed, I have the whole bed to myself (naturally) and can spread out and take up all the room. And I'll sleep like... well, like LB! But I can't seem to stop waking up at around 4:30am- then I'm wide awake for an hour or two, then eventually fall back asleep. You'd think it was my body telling me I've had enough sleep, but I can't seem to get out of bed at 7:30am, and all day I feel like taking a nap. I don't, because I want to sleep at night, not during the day.

It's bizarre. I have a theory that I'm still on eastern standard time, which is why I keep waking up when it's night here and morning there. Maybe this won't resolve until we move back east. :) It's a dumb theory, but I did after all spend the first 27 years of my life in the same time zone!

Whatever the cause, I wish it would go away because I hate waking up in the middle of the night for no reason. I love my sleep!

No comments: