2/13/09

Bang my head against the wall? I'll leave that to the baby.

LB has been so fussy lately. Right now, he's purposely hitting his head against the wall and on the floor, then getting mad about it. Yet, he does it over and over again. *sigh*

Tomorrow night is the concert I've been looking forward to. I'm so excited! It almost seems like it's not going to happen, since it's pretty hard to find a sitter for LB. I just feel like things are going to fall through and I'll be home with a toddler, again, on a Saturday night. That's totally untrue, since my sitter confirmed for tomorrow and the concert isn't cancelled or anything. I guess it's just hard to believe that I'm actually going to have a night of being "me", not "mommy".

I'm feeling pretty restless here. Maybe it's just the pregnancy, but lately the whole neighborhood is getting on my nerves. We live across the street from a Tot Lot, a park for kids under 6. Cool concept, except it's constantly overrun with teenagers. And, it's not like they just hang out and have fun. Within the past week, I've seen smoking (cigarettes & joints), shouting obscenities, and kids laying in the slide making out and dry humping. C'mon now, this is where kids play... if they need some space to do whatever immoral stuff they want to do, then find a place that isn't exposed to babies and toddlers. I've started a Neighborhood Watch file on my computer, and I document each scandalous thing that happens there. A little tattle-tale-ish, but I figure it can't hurt.

And, my neighbors with the teenage boys... they're always shouting and yelling. This is the same family where the mom sits on her lanai and smokes. I keep my windows open for fresh air, not expletives and smoke!

Anyway, LB is now tugging at his diaper trying to get it off. He's discovered other *ahem* body parts, and now wants to constantly be naked. Totally normal for a boy his age, but still, I think of him as my baby, not this person that's growing up. :/ I'm just glad the head-bashing has ceased.

2 comments:

Falu Red said...

What concert lady? Have fun!

NHGirl said...

Boyz II Men, abc, bbd, the east coast family.... :) So excited.