Oh boy, it has got to be all the crazy people driving out there... oh wait, that's my least favorite thing year-round. ;)
No, I really think that's part of it. When I was preggers with LB, someone smashed the front end of my car in HI... while it was parked. This was a week before Christmas. They didn't leave a note, but they did leave a large dent and white paint on the fender. Luckily, I wasn't in the car at the time (because it was parked), but it just seemed so obnoxious to hit someone's car and not 'fess up. I would have been less mad if that person had just told me about it. I mean, how does that happen to a parked car (did I mention it was PARKED)??
As generous and joyous this time of year is, it really brings out some of the worst in people. I mean, a Marine in GA got friggin' stabbed on Black Friday while running Toys For Tots. He was helping to catch a shoplifter and got stabbed in the back. Seriously, the guy was doing two good deeds: helping to provide children with toys and stopping a thief, and that's what he gets??
It makes me want to stay home and avoid the general public until January 2nd.
But with one extreme comes another. Even though people get out-of-control, bat-shit crazy around this holiday, there are plenty of instances of good deeds. Enough to not make me a hermit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment