As I type this, LB is screaming from upstairs, "Mommy! Juice! I want some juice! Mommy! MOMMAAAAAAYY!!"
So awesome. I love being screamed at.
This past weekend was great. We drove the kiddos down to AZ to visit Grandpa & Mimi... do you know how long it is from Monterey Bay to Phoenix, AZ? Let me put it this way- it's way longer than a kid should be sitting in a carseat.
Overall, the boys did well. There weren't major meltdowns, fights, or anything of that matter, but they really did run Grandpa & Mimi into the ground. We were offered to stay at their condo, but decided on a hotel room instead. I'm pretty sure they didn't mind after seeing how active the boys are!
During our stay, we went to an abandoned gold mine, hiked near the Superstition Mountains and saw some cool indian hieroglyphics, played in the pool, rented a boat for several hours and zoomed around Lake Canyon, and had some good times with the inlaws. Did I bring a camera? Yes. Did I take any pictures? No. I have no idea why... just wanted to enjoy the vacay, I guess.
The boys were troopers on the way home, not complaining much and keeping each other busy and entertained. Overall, it made me optimistic about our cross country move- however, I think our limit will be 8 hours a day, max.
So that's where I've been and what I've been up to. How was your weekend?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a good time in Phoenix! I'm sad that you didn't take any pictures, but I know how nice it is sometimes to just enjoy and not worry about pictures :)
8 hours a day is definitely a good plan! I've the cross country drive twice since October and I can't even handle sitting in the car longer than that!
My mom is a "Mimi" too. I've got two kids who travel well, and two who don't. My brother-in-law lives in Phoenix and we went to visit about five years ago. Beautiful, but a little too arid for my taste. Glad you had a successful journey!
Post a Comment