9/20/11

Getting weary

I think our busy weekends are catching up with me.  I skipped my workout this morning, which sucks, since I only work out Tues and Thurs during the week.  I'm lethargic and bored, yet running around and busy at the same time.  Does that make sense? 

Today, I am digging into the HUGE pile of apples we brought home from apple picking this weekend.  So far, I've made an apple pie and I'm in the process of making homemade apple cider... don't know how that will turn out, since I've never done it, but I'll keep you posted.  I still have a ton left, but I also want to make applesauce, which I can use for cinnamon Christmas ornaments.  And, if there's any left and the pie is all gone, I can make some apple crisp, which is so yummy.

I sometimes feel like I'm in my own personal Groundhog Day.  I don't feel like I'm moving forward, or moving backward, just stagnant, like I'm living the same day over and over and over.  I think this solo weekend I have coming up will help.  I'll be on my own from Friday night to Sunday night, and when I return, a few awesome Navy people from our past will be here with Hubby. 

Oh, and preschool- it's going pretty well.  LB is LB... for those of you who know him, you know what he's like!  :)  He's made one friend who he talks about and she talks about him.  It's really great because her mom is cool, too.  I'm planning on showing up Thursday with my number, in case they want to do a playdate sometime (gotta keep the kiddos busy in the winter when there's not much to do).

Btw, do any moms out there feel like they're dating all over again when making friends with other moms?

No comments: