9/27/08

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

That quote is from English writer George Orwell, and I think it sums up why I will be voting for McCain this election. Based on the debates last night, McCain is the one candidate that I feel is truthful, with his past decisions and ones that he regrets, with his future decisions including unpopular ones, and with current decisions. He acknowledges when he has made a mistake. He acknowledges the current situation in Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, etc. And, he has a plan to fix them.

I get the feeling that Obama is playing the role of presidential candidate, and doesn't really understand that once he is elected, he will have to solve the American crisises (is that a word? if not, I just made it up). He seems more preoccupied with winning than with what he is going to have to do if he does win. There are things about Obama that I like- I'm not saying he'd be a terrible president. I just think McCain would be better.

No comments: