Well, I guess NH got slammed with an ice storm. I called my parents, and they said they'd be without electricity for about a week. Let me tell you, NH in December is no tropical vacation. They made a fire and all, but I'm going to predict that my mom will request a hotel in a place that has power in about ohhhhh... 3 days. That's about the same as last time, when we lost power for about 6 days after the junior semi-formal. Haha, sleeping and not showering with cans of hairspray in your hair sucks.
So, I feel bad for the NHers. If any of you out there would like to visit, come on over! Although, we're cleaning up after our share of storm. It knocked down a bunch of branches, so there is debris everywhere. And, we had mudslides and flooding. But, I've heard that my parents' neighbors have had flooding too, and even a tree through a basement window! So, I feel really bad for all of them.
My best bud lives up in NH, and with all that, she's fighting a sinus infection. :( So I think I feel the worst for M!
Anyway, like I said yesterday, my car died. I could have sworn it was something major, but it turns out I just needed a new battery. I've jumped cars before, but I've never replaced a battery, so I consulted my human encyclopedia, aka Dad. He gave me all the steps I needed to do, and it worked! Although, I did have my blonde moment. When I connected the positive cable (last step), it made the alarm go off. That sucks when you're head-deep in a car! So, in all my confusion, I was trying to tighten a bolt with a ratchet in the loosen position. DUH. I also lost a socket in the car, but managed to slowly reach in and grab it with my fingers. It was kinda like playing Operation, except with much larger amounts of electricity.
I'm pretty proud of myself. Hubby told me to just wait until he got home next week, so he could do it on Christmas stand-down (aka, a semi-vacation where you really can't wander too far from base), but I'm not a good driver of his stick shift... I'd say I don't drive the car, I operate it. My dad suggested that I pick him up in my car- I think I'll do that. He'll be pretty proud of me, too! Either that, or he'll be bummed that I did the one manly, play-with-tools thing that needed to be done around here. Maybe I'll put the dead battery in his car so he'll have something to do. :)
Just kidding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Damn! I'm impressed! I can't even put jump my own car or change the air in the tires...that's what AAA & Mike is for ;)
Thanks! It's easy, like changing the batteries in the remote... just with a MUCH bigger battery. :)
Post a Comment