12/24/08

The most wonderful time of the year

Christmas is such a weird time. As the song goes, it's the most wonderful time of the year. I agree to a certain extent. I'm loving today. And I'm going to love tomorrow. But leading up to the big event is such a pain in the butt!

Here are a few of this holiday season's biggest pains in my butt:

1. Shopping. Don't get me wrong, I like to shop. Anyone who knows me knows I love a good deal. But when people start getting trampled to death, or push and shove, it becomes less of a fun adventure and more of a matter of survival. Who wants to deal with that during the happiest time of the year?? And don't get me started on the parking...

2. FedEx, UPS, USPS. I like to send presents. I like picking things out for people and wrapping them up and sending them along. But I despise long lines, outrageous supply and shipping costs, and slow customer service.

3. Understocked grocery stores. There's nothing more disappointing to me than looking for something simple like bread flour and not finding any in the two nearby grocery stores.

4. Obligations. I love a good party, but I hate feeling spread so thin. There are so many social functions and volunteering to do, it got a little ridiculous. Next year, we will be new to CA, so fortunately we won't have much going on. I think it should be limited to family (of course), one work function, one volunteering event, and whatever friends' functions one can handle.

5. Diet. Now is not the time to start losing weight, I know. But, all I want to do is not gain weight, and that's troublesome with all the yummy treats and good food around!

No comments: