12/10/08

Strange things

1. Handicapped motorcycle plates. If you're handicapped enough to require a special plate, wouldn't it make sense that you could not operate a motorcycle safely?

2. "If you are playing the melody or the harmony, I need you to bring that out." Um, aren't you playing one or the other??

3. If I see another STUPID hawaiian commercial, I will scream. The worst has to be Battery Bill's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhzFTLer1ds).

4. Road work during a major holiday season. There are actually a few weird points to this. First, the city closed an entire three lane major road eastbound on a Friday night. Second, it was during the holiday season, when people are out the most, doing shopping and whatnot. Third, the "construction" was some new pavement... which could (and should) have waited until after New Year's. Fourth, this construction was within 500 feet, yet the road was closed for about a mile and a half. Fifth, the construction, which was in front of several nice hotels, was scheduled from 5pm to 1am... I'd hate to be someone who planned a vacation to Hawaii, only to hear road work being done until 1am (which, if you think about the east coasters, would be 11pm to 6am their time... yikes).

5. Plaid fedoras. You may only wear them if your name is Justin Timberlake. If you're not Justin Timberlake, then you just look like that dork Ricky in "Not Another Teen Movie".

No comments: