Are the Winter Olympics on? Is it really February? Are my friends and family really getting snowed in every week for the past few months?
To me, it doesn't seem like winter. The cloudy, cold days here are in the 50s. The warm, sunny days are in the 60s, and sometimes up into the low 70s. It's a nice climate, kinda like NH in the fall. Beautiful during the day, cold at night.
BUT... it's February. Where's the snow? Apparently, this area doesn't get snow, much like HI didn't. I know I'm probably going to get crap for saying this, but I miss it. I really like skiing and getting snowed it, and sometimes it's even an adventure to lose power. No tv, no internet, just board games and flashlights.
This is my 3rd winter now with no snow, although the VA one only had a flurry or two, so I guess that doesn't really count... and the one before that was SC, which didn't get snow... so I guess I haven't seen a snowy winter since 2004 in OH. And I'm getting antsy for it.
I suppose next one will be the last one, though. After we leave CA, we're headed for CT for a bit, then possibly WA or CT, which are two states that definitely get some of the white stuff. I guess I just have to suck it up and enjoy it... cuz you know I'll be bitching about it when I get back to it! :)
*Sidenote: One should not type while exhausted... I caught two grammar errors, doh! And don't ask a mother of a toddler and infant why she's exhausted- you will receive The Evil Stare of Death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yes it's winter...we had a snowstorm last week, and a friggin hurricane 2 days ago - 70 mph winds! our neighbors lost both their cars when an oak landed on them. thank god it wasn't their house! we were fine but everyone in the concord areas lost power...and...it's snowing today.
so sick of fucking winter.
Post a Comment