7/13/10

Random Tuesday Thoughts

randomtuesday

Someone just asked me if my 2 and a half year old and my 10 month old boys are twins... Really? They're 20 months apart. I should have just said "Yes- the labor was really long."

Another lady marveled at the boys, then said, "Your figure looks great for having two boys so close in age!" I was initially flattered, then kinda insulted. That's like saying, "Gee, you're really smart for someone who's had a lobotomy."

I promised a friend that we'd get the kiddies together soon. That was over a week ago. Wow, I suck.

The clouds finally cleared, so I think I might take the boys to the park today. Or maybe I'll call that friend and see what she's up to.

Yesterday, I was insisting the boys take naps so I put LB in his bed and JC in his crib. Later, I heard horrendous screaming from JC, and when I went into their room, LB had climbed inside the baby's crib. I thought kids were supposed to escape cribs, not climb back in... He must have fallen on JC, cuz the baby had a fat lip, bloody nose, and a shiner.

I'm craving pretzels.

Bring It On is still one of my favorite movies.

Gah, 15 minutes until Sesame Street is over, which means 15 minutes until any time to myself (until bedtime) is over.

Mmm, maybe I should make cinnamon buns...

Hm, maybe I should figure out why I'm craving so much junk food...

I finally finished reading Eat Pray Love. It only took me, oh, over a year. The woman is crazy. Yes, those kinds of adventures were enlightening, but I feel like her whole depression is her fault for not being upfront with herself.

On to the next book GA sent me. :)

Someone please tell me when the whiny stage is over with!

...Wow, what a paradox. Here I am, whining about the whiny stage. I guess I just answered my own question!

2 comments:

Amanda Moore (Moorebloglife) said...

Next time someone asks if they are twins tell the "yes"! it was a delayed birth! Theres your sign! How can some one really ask that question? Uh Oh well make for a funny conversation I bet. If you're craving pretzels what about the new M&M pretzel thingie they sound yummy!

Lisa said...

I totally hear you on Eat Pray Love. I was all for the whole thing in Italy, maybe because she talked about food all the time. But after that? Seriously, how self-absorbed can one woman be? What's with her writing to herself...and yelling at herself IN WRITING? Not a fan anymore. Ah well.