8/15/11

Four states in two days, that's just how we roll

This weekend, we visited Hubby's friend GB (I'm sure he would kill me if he knew I nicknamed him that for this blog) and his wife, K, and their two little boys G-man and Baby G.  The boys were nearly the same ages as our little boys, so it was a very interesting few days!

The boys got along tremendously, although the noise level with four boys under the age of four was out of control.  We took them to a huge playground for a picnic, went swimming at a lake, and brought them to the county fair.  I didn't realize this, but their town is on the border of two other states, so we were in three states just in that one day!

I hadn't seen GB in several years, and never even met his wife and kids, so it was great to finally put some faces to names!  I'm sure they felt the same, since they'd never met our boys, either.

Hubby and I stopped at an antique store and purchased two 1920s art deco chairs... and somehow managed to bring them back to CT with our Jetta.  We put one on the passenger seat, until it kept hitting the "recline" button, smushing poor LB's legs!  We stopped at a Home Depot and my amazing hubby purchased plastic, a moving blanket, and rope to tie it to the roof rack.  MUCH better.

I love being able to see people, finally.  It was very difficult to feel connected, having only email and phone calls and facebook on the west coast.  There's nothing like personal interaction to feel like you belong in your own social life!

No comments: