8/8/11

A weekend of bruises, boozes, and dudesez

This weekend was fantastic (no sarcasm, really).  Hubby and I accidentally double-booked our plans, so we went camping with my brother and sister (who will now be referred to as Crazy Guy and Spider Monkey, respectively, for various reasons), then headed up to Hubby's family's lake house for his cousin's 16th birthday party.

The camping was AWESOME.  After arriving at the site, we went mountain biking.  I've done some mountain biking on the west coast... with an emphasis on "coast", meaning totally flat.  This stuff was rocky and very steep and full of stupid trees which loved to jump out and get right in my way.  I ended up having a small asthma attack, bending my derailer (I don't even know what that is... my brother and a friend fixed it for me), and hitting about a bajillion trees and rocks, hence falling on my ass.  And my back.  And going over the handlebars, which resulted in a very not-friendly impact.  But you know what?  I had a pretty kick-ass time (uh, literally- it was really fun but kicked my ass)!

We went swimming to wash off the sweat, then had a big campfire at one of the sites, which included some guitar singalong stuff.  It's pretty amazing how a few beers will trigger my memory of mid- to late-90s alternative rock lyrics.  It rained that night, but I think it helped Hubby and I sleep a little better.  I woke up once when I heard something rather large rummage through the woods near the site, but fortunately nothing came close to us.

The next day, we packed up and went back to my MIL's house to get ready for the next part of our weekend, the party.  We took the kiddos off my MIL's hands, and headed on over.  Hubby's uncle took us on a crazy boat ride, where I'm pretty sure he was trying his best to fling everyone out of the boat, then took several people tubing.  I stayed ashore for most of it, mainly because I just wanted to sit on my ass and not move my bruised body at all.  The boys played in the sand, and LB had plenty of time-outs, and when it was time to go, we put the boys in pjs and drove back home. 

Next weekend, we are visiting friends, and hopefully the weekend after that, we'll be up in NH again.  It's looking like we are going to be traveling just about every weekend, which is something I didn't want to do, but considering Hubby has a limited amount of down time, we're taking full advantage of being able to see people.

**Special thanks to Pyro and Spider Monkey for helping me along the trails, and Crazy Guy and Mr. Triathlon for fixing my bike! 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

sounds awesome!! yay for visiting NH :)