6/2/12

Ohmmmmm...

I vacuumed, cleaned, did laundry, etc... but nothing was giving me a sense of accomplishment.  Then, I discovered the reason why- the toy room.

You see, the kids have a downstairs room all to themselves to house their immense collection of toys (which, admittedly, sits unused a lot of the time, making it all that much more painful to see).  It's nice because it's not on the main floor of the house, so the mess can be contained.  Oh, but what a mess...  And, it's the first thing you see when you come into the house from the garage.  "Oh, welcome home!  You had a horrible DMV experience with two insane children??  Let me remind you of even more shit awaiting for you!"

So today, I banished the boys from the toy room (because they weren't helping so much as playing with everything I had just put away) and went to town, armed with two bags intended for Goodwill & the trash.  Things are now put away, and all the little pieces that were strewn across the floor now have a home.  And, the best part, there's a pile of stuff I'm about to put in the back of my car and donate. 

Don't think that I'm a horrible person, throwing the kids' toys away.  They have PLENTY.  Really.  This stuff that I'm donating are things that they never use any more, or are broken (one bag to donate, one bag to throw out).  And, I feel so. much. better.  And I'm sure they do too, now that they can find the toys they want.

What sort of cleaning do you do that gives you the biggest sense of accomplishment??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The toy room now sounds great! Glad you got it cleaned. Even when you can't see it, it feels so good to have it clean. It just makes you feel so good!

Unknown said...

I am a HUGE believer in thinning toys regularly. Goodwill is a great place to send toys which have just become clutter!

So glad that you tackled your personal nemesis!