Yesterday, Hubby and I auditioned for Wheel of Fortune. They are coming to Hawaii in September and were looking for couples for the show. I don't think we were what they were looking for, though! I should have been wary when the judge took a look at our marriage certificate (to prove we were married) and said, "Wow, New Hampshire...." During the audition, every couple got a turn to stand up and guess a letter, after one of the judges spun a little wheel-look-alike for them. When it was our turn, they let us guess a few letters, then the judge placed the arrow on "Bankrupt" and said, "Oh, sorry."
How is that fair?? That kind of pissed me off, because we were good, but I think once they saw us and how white we are, they didn't really want to get to know us. We were only one of three couples that got "Bankrupt", out of about 100+ people, haha! Every person that was picked was either hawaiian or asian. And even the clips they showed us from when they'd come to Hawaii in the past had all very hawaiian-looking people as contestants.
So, that was our Wheel of Fortune experience! We also had a written test where you had to solve the puzzles with only a few letters filled in. The test was really hard, but I got about half of them completed. Overall, we did pretty well based on talent, but I just don't think we were the type of couple the show wanted. The couples next to us and ahead of us were picked, and they were not very good at solving the puzzles.... maybe that's it. Maybe we were a little too good.
Well, I could dwell on it forever, or I could just say I had fun and I'll try it again someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment