6/24/08

Maui

So, I wrote this nice post detailing our first family vacation to Maui and how wonderful it was and what we saw / did..... but when I hit "publish post", I got a cute little message about not being able to connect to the internet, or some crap like that, and lost the whole thing.

Grrrrrrr....

I'm not really in the mood to retype it all, but here's an overview. We arrived Friday night and stayed through Monday morning, so all day Saturday and Sunday were devoted to seeing the island. We drove up Haleakala Crater- it's over 10,000 ft to the summit! That's about 1 and 1/2 times taller than Mt. Washington! We saw the resort area on the south side and drove to Polipoli State Park (well, we half-drove, then had to walk 3.5 miles to the park, since it's a 4 wheel only road).

It was a lot of fun- being on Maui is like seeing different parts of the world all in one day. The hike through the woods reminded me of NH, the arid desert looked like Africa, and the jungle looked like something straight out of the Amazon.

LB slept well, which was a huge relief- I had visions of camping out in the car after the hotel kicked us out for having a screaming baby. The ferry we took from Oahu was huge and very beautiful, although I felt a little seasick when we departed the channels and entered the ocean.

I will post some pictures up on myspace, facebook, and snapfish for you all to see. Let me know what you think!

No comments: