6/14/08

I am jobless???

I was just updating some things on this page so it's not so boring, and I wanted to update my profile a little. The page asked me to choose a field under "Work", then list my occupation. Well, I had a really hard time finding a category for "Work" to fit myself into.

I guess I am in accounting, since I am in charge of our budget and finances. I could also be in automotive, since I do all my own work on my car. When I can't, I outsource those jobs to Hubby. I definitely consider myself part of the arts category, for obvious reasons.

I am in banking- I allocate which money goes to bills and savings. I am in communications- I communicate in certain different ways with friends, family, and babies. I am in construction- we are refinishing a trunk and a table we bought second hand.

I am in education, obviously, but even though I do not get paid to teach other people's kids, that doesn't mean I don't teach my own. I am in environment- I go out of my way to recycle since Hawaii doesn't have a recycling program, and I never litter. I am in fashion- I keep up with the latest trends and make sure my family's clothes look presentable in public.

I am in human resources- I play psychologist to friends and family and inevitably to our son when he's old enough. I am in military- being a military spouse is not as tough as being deployed I'm sure, but it's pretty close and an important part of the military families. I am in science- I am busy trying to figure out how more poop comes out of an infant than food goes into his mouth, and I experiment with putting different foods and tastes together, even if it means blowing up the kitchen.

I am in sports/recreation- I help LB learn to crawl, grab things, and stand, and I exercise Puppy. I am definitely a student- I'm still learning how this whole mommy thing works sometimes. I am in telecommunications- I have a facebook, myspace, youtube, blog, and snapfish all in attempt to keep family and friends up-to-date with the baby and our family.

I am in tourism part time- when people come to visit, I usually spend a lot of time showing them around and driving them to cool places on the island. I am in transportation- I drive the baby everywhere and sometimes I drive Puppy around, too. And lastly, I am definitely in the non-profit category- I do all of the above and don't get paid a dime!!

So, here's my question: If I can do all these jobs, which category do I fit into? And here's another question: Why not have a "mommy" category, because from what I can see, we mommies do an awful lot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. :o) You're also a comedian!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo