7/6/09

Blech

Today was the glucose test. I don't remember feeling so crappy after drinking the stuff. The lab people gave me this bottle of stuff that tasted like extra-sweetened, flat Sprite. It felt like it took forever to choke the crap down. Then of course I couldn't eat or drink after that for an hour, so Lewis and I just wandered around for an hour. There were a few times I had to put my head between my knees (or at least attempt to) because I felt so nauseous.

After my blood was drawn, I was allowed to eat something, but I still haven't felt right all day. I've been dizzy and nauseous and pooped. The only thing that made me feel better was spearmint gum.

I wish I had more to say, but my whole day was spent on the couch! Poor Lewis was getting frustrated, but I tried to entertain him with books, and he did hand me toys he wanted me to play with.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The glucose test and I do not get along, but even if we were on good terms I'd still think it sucked. The whole concept is ridiculous. Who sucks down a vat of sugar first thing in the morning? No one!

Hope the results at least turn out well!