7/12/09

A happy post!

Wow, how cynical and whiny I've sounded these past few posts! I'll make it a point with this one to post great stuff, I swear.

Last night, the wives held a Final Fling. LB and I didn't go, but he won First Hug! That means, Hubby gets to come off the boat second (after the First Kiss couple), and he gets to see his kid before anyone gets to see theirs. I told him last night (more to come), and he was so excited! He saw some recent pictures of LB and is so shocked at how much of a little boy he looks, instead of the baby he left. LB and I keep looking at pictures of Hubby, so I'm pretty confident that he won't be scared of him and will hug him right away. Besides, the kid's such a flirt.

So yes, I've been able to still talk to Hubby, which is great! He's been busy this port call, so our conversations usually end very abruptly- something like him saying, "I gotta go, love you, bye!" and me just saying "Ok, love you, bye!" But it's better to hear his voice than not at all.

I've been kinda patting myself on the back lately. I figured that money would be tight toward the end of deployment- it always is- so I have already purchased banners, cards, and gifts to welcome Hubby home. Now I can worry about getting him good food, cleaning the car and the house, and dealing with the DMV (grrrr... okay, couldn't make it through the entire post without a gripe, sorry!).

No comments: