I'm getting a little sick of heeding doctor's advice, especially when I feel in my gut that I am right. I had a TSH test recently which showed my thyroid meds were too strong. Although the number suggested that, I didn't feel any symptoms of hyperthyroidism. But, being a good girl, I went to my doc and she changed my prescription level.
Big mistake. I feel like wild turkey poop. I feel like I did before my thyroid was diagnosed. And she didn't change it back to what it was pre-pregnancy... she changed it to an even lower level.
I've been tired and sluggish and achy. My intolerance to "cold" (I use quotes because that's anything below 72 degrees now) is through the roof. And, my digestive system (which is the first to be affected, I've found) has decided to turn itself on me with stomachaches and slow digestion and tons of burping but no relief. The same stomachaches that plagued me for years throughout high school and college.
Ugh. I have an appointment today, and I'm going to state my case. That, although numbers suggest one thing, I don't have any symptoms of being hyperthyroid, and I feel like |crap|.
(Absolute crap.... get it?... Wow, I'm a math nerd...)
*Update: I was totally right. And as I was getting my spiel about why I was right, the doc says "Yup, you're going back to your old dosage." My levels were 7.55, which isn't too bad, but it's outside the normal range (according to the AACE) of 0.3 - 3.0. Sooooo, BOOYAH!!! I know best!! I'll take my award now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
intuition...i don't know why they are so quick to discard it.
stupid doctors.
Post a Comment