It's a cocktail kind of night... but there isn't a single drop of alcohol in the house. Even my mouthwash is alcohol-free. It would be pretty nasty to chug mouthwash in hopes of a little buzz, but this mama's desperate.
I always laughed at those jokes about how mommmy drinks because the kids cry. Little do people know, it's actually true. Except for my senior year in college when I'm pretty sure I couldn't go a day without a beer, I've never needed a drink more.
The boys have been really good today, up until "nap time". I use quotes because it never really was nap time. LB whined and made noise, and JC was completely entertained by it and didn't sleep a wink. For nearly two hours. When I finally gave up and got them from their room, they both were in bad moods and hungry and cranky. Right up until bedtime, they were just terrible. LB kept pushing JC's face or hitting his head or something, and JC was acting like a friggin soccer player from France. The slightest little bump and he was all tears, flailing on the ground. *sigh* Bedtime was pretty early at 6:30pm, but I don't care- these kids need some sleep.
I stopped at Costco today and they had a huge selection of beer, wine, and liqour. I SHOULD HAVE PICKED SOME UP. Seriously, next time I'm stocking up. It kind of baffles me that we don't have ANY alcohol in the house. Yikes... I need some emergency booze!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment