6/13/10

Thank you, Bacardi.

Um, I swear, I'm not an alcoholic. But I did stop at the grocery store and picked up all the fixings for a Bahama Mama (kind of... I couldn't find grenadine). I had one while making and eating dinner, then one after bed time on the deck watching the sun set. It was perfection.

Gosh, I just get so bored and frustrated sometimes. It seems like LB doesn't listen unless I'm being a bitch, and I don't want to be a bitch all the time. I wish the kid would listen the first time.... but he's 2 years old, I guess I can't expect much else. :) My day is so boring, yet so busy, and sometimes I just need something adult-ish, like a nice drink.

I skipped bath time. The boys just brushed their teeth, got their pjs on, and climbed into bed. Voluntarily. LB must have been especially tired, seeing how he didn't put up a fight at all. And even though bedtime was easy, that second drink on the deck reminded me that I'm an adult and I need some time to myself.

In case you're interested, here's the recipe... kind of. I made some short-cuts. It's supposed to have rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, grenadine, and ice all blended together. Yeaaaaaah, no. I bought pineapple-orange-banana juice and plain rum. I couldn't find grenadine, so I got maraschino cherries. Put about an ounce of rum in a tall glass, fill with juice, drop some cherry juice and two cherries in it, and stir it up. If you leave it as is, the cherry juice will sink to the bottom, so it'll look really cool with yellow on top and red on the bottom, but I decided to stir it up. Serve over ice, or I guess you could blend it in a blender if you want something slushy.

I should dub this "Mommy's Mental Vacation".

No comments: