6/9/12

ON it!

Hubby deployed today.  For some reason, there's something motivating about that.  I've been making a ton of lists and charts to help me accomplish some of my deployment goals (it will be a short one, which is why I think I feel the need to get crackin')...

1.  Work on my fitness.  Duh.  A constant goal.
2.  Plan & book a hot springs get-away for after he gets back.  Yes, he knows about it, but I'd like for him to come home and have everything planned and paid for and ready to go.
3.  Clean up our backyard.  Weed effing central.  It needs a lot of TLC, and I'd like to make it all romantic by stringing some outdoor lights under the canopy.
4.  Put plates and base stickers on all his vehicles & toys.
5.  Sign the kids up for parks and rec stuff to keep them busy.  For LB, there's a weekly soccer class, which I think he'd love.  The kid has a knack for the sport.  Poor JC- there's not much offered for his age group, but we have the Y.
6.  Send a care package through AnySailor. You subby wives know that the wife can't do much for the husband when he's deployed.  This makes me feel like I can help in some way.  Besides, my cousin's husband is soon headed to Afghanistan, so I'll be sending lots of care packages!
7.  Get the ball rolling on a plastic surgeon to fix the diastasis recti and get a tummy tuck.

I made a three month calendar for the boys.  LB said he wanted to put heart stickers on the days that Daddy is gone.  I also covered my calendar in things to do that Hubby spelled out for me (run the truck every two weeks-ish, check on the boat, where to find the weedwhacker stuff, etc).  The house is a mess, there's crap everywhere, but I feel better with a plan.  I might have overdone it with the lists (weekly cleaning check list, the never-ending Things To Do list, weight chart, kid chore chart...), but I feel in control.  It's nice.  :)

Here's to a quick and productive deployment!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start already! Braaaavo! A lot of your ideas sound like mine too :)

Getrealmommy said...

How long will he be gone for? It must be so hard, I can't even imagine. Good luck with everything!

NHGirl said...

It's funny- it doesn't seem too hard... yet. I'm waiting for the car to break / furnace to break / flooding in the basement / whatever else deployment always has in store! But he'll only be gone less than three months, so it's not terribly long.

Frogs in my formula said...

You're pretty busy. Can't wait to hear how the tummy tuck goes. I'm jealous.

The calendar with hearts is so sweet. Hope the deployment goes quickly!

Boston Pam said...

I don't know how you do it! Good luck with your list!