8/23/08

Friday recipe on a Saturday

Yeah, I got busy yesterday, but here's a recipe like I promised!

Roasted Pecans

Ingredients:

1 can of pecans
Slightly beaten egg white
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsps ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves

How To:

Heat oven to 300 degrees. Mix egg white and vanilla in a large bowl- toss in pecans and mix until pecans are coated. Put sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a large ziploc bag and close it. Shake it to mix. Add pecans, close the bag, and shake it again to coat pecans. Spread pecans in a single layer on an ungreased pan. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.

*I baked mine 30 minutes, but I probably should have baked them only 20. They seemed a little too well-done. These taste really good alone or in a Waldorf salad!

No comments: