1/31/10

The funk

Why is it that every time school starts for Hubby, he ends up bringing home some kind of funky sickness?

JC and I are chilling out at home today, relaxing and trying to get over the snots. Hubby took LB out to the store 1) to get a toddler out of my hair while I'm feeling like crap, and 2) so they wouldn't catch the funk.

I love LB. Everyone knows that. But it's SO NICE to have a quiet house for once. I've been able to actually think and get stuff done, even though I really should be resting. I'll welcome the noise when they get home, but it's also very, very, very nice to have a break from it.

JC is a mellow kid, so taking care of him (even when he's sick) is easy. He's napping now, which is why I'm able to blog, but even when he's awake, I can set him down and not worry about him opening the front door and walking out of the house.... or walking at all, for that matter. Having a toddler thrown into the mix is very challenging. I hear that these are the hard years (at least, until adolesence), so I'm hoping I can make it through with some of my sanity in tact.

For now, it's a huge help that Hubby's on shore duty and able to take LB for an afternoon. When JC gets to be LB's age, we will be looking at sea duty again, which inevitably means another deployment. But hopefully LB will have mellowed by then... if not, we're headed to Grandma & Grandpa's. :)

No comments: