Omg, what a whiny brat I've become! I just re-read my last several posts and I really sound like Debbie Downer.
*wah wah*
That led me to think of all the things that make me happy. Here goes:
1. My kids. Yup, they drive me nuts, but when I tell LB I have a boo-boo as I'm laying on the couch, and he comes up to me and rubs my shoulder and asks "You ok?"... that just melts me.
2. My Hubby. Again, sometimes drives me nuts, but maybe that's because I've been in a moody mood lately. He really does work hard for our family and he's so good with the boys. And I know he tries really hard- after a long day at work, he still gives the boys baths and plays with them and changes diapers (well, some diapers!).
3. My family (that includes you, Grace Adler, aka my sister from another mister). My brother and sister are the best aunt and uncle ever! The kids adore them and they are so fun to have around. And, of course, it goes without saying that my parents are the best. They have found a perfect balance of spoiling the boys without compromising our authority as parents. Love it! I always knew they'd be awesome grandparents. And I'd be a complete lunatic without GA. She's totally honest but with tact, a great ear to talk to, has her shit together, and a blast to hang out with (which is, unfortunately, not frequent enough!). Again, a person with a perfect balance.
4. My car. It's in great shape, it runs well, and it holds all our stuff. I'm very appreciative of that, especially having driven so many older cars and one particular lemon.
5. Chocolate. Bad for my waistline, but excellent for my mental state. :)
6. Sunny days. The house is warmer, the boys are in better moods, LB gets to play outside, and my laundry dries a hell of a lot faster.
7. Facebook. Its tendency to overshare is in overdrive a little bit, but how else would I be able to find so many people from all the different places I've been and keep up with their lives? It's a great way to keep in touch... just gotta make sure I tweak my privacy settings.
8. TV. Yes, I'm "that Mom". Sometimes LB gets to watch Spongebob. But it's a small price to pay for a half hour of quiet and non-chaos.
**Still hate my PC...**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment