I seriously need to go clothes shopping. I went searching for a sweater I can't find (btw, how does one lose an article of clothing in their house??), and realized that I have one bin of clothes, while Hubby has four (*this is the spare stuff, not our day-to-day stuff... just clarifying, we don't live out of bins). Yes, he has uniforms, but most of it was this huge wardrobe he has collected.
Maybe it's because I buy him stuff. But he has a shit-ton of clothes for all seasons. What a clotheshorse. Meanwhile I'm trying to make my summer stuff work, but it's just too cold for that, but too warm for thick winter stuff. NEED TO GO SHOPPING...
But don't know what to buy. For the past few years, I've bought maternity stuff. That's easy- go into Motherhood, pick some things that are cute, wear them. Done deal. I had a big belly for a reason, so no need to camo anything. Now, I have to dress to hide my flaws. And they're different flaws than before, so I don't know how to do that.
Plus, I don't want to buy cheap crap, but I also don't want to break the bank buying all this stuff. To be honest, that one bin of clothes is mostly made up of stuff that is too small. I was a size 6 before getting preggers; now I'm a 10. Barely. So, needless to say, that stuff won't be worn any time soon.
And you know what the ironic thing is? Hubby has nothing to wear tomorrow for work. Isn't that ridiculous?? All these clothes and nothing to wear. I'm doing laundry right now, but since it's a rainy, crappy day, it might not dry quickly, and I really don't want to run to the laundromat on a rainy day.
Hubby doesn't think I should buy new clothes. He said when I'm a size 6, we'll go on a shopping spree... which is kinda stupid, because I already have plenty of stuff in that size. What I don't have are clothes that fit me now. And it's not like I'm not trying to fit into those size 6 clothes- I really LIKE those clothes! The weight is just a little slow to come off.
Hm, what to do? I need clothes, but in order to get them, I need time and money, two of which I don't have for this adventure at the moment. Stacy and Clinton, help! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i hate in between your goal weight and what you are - or when you're between sizes. it sucks! i would just buy some stuff that will get you by until you reach your goal b/c ur body is going to be constantly changing/shifting. But you DO need clothes that fit too! So, buy a few cheap staples for now...that way when you become a size 8...you won't feel too guilty about needing to buy a smaller size. luckily, the weather doesn't change too much on you in CA so it's not like you need to buy for 4 seasons! :)
Post a Comment