So, if you've read a few posts lately, you can probably surmise that Hubby is finally home from his deployment. YAY! It's been a long one. I'm pretty sure the only way I got through it was going home to NH for awhile and seeing our families and my Grace Adler (not to be forgotten my awesome friend, D, who fixed my computer when the hard drive crashed... forever in your debt, D!). It was a nice, right-in-the-middle-of-the-deployment distraction that broke up the time apart.
It's been great having him home. They (meaning other wives and CMCs and such) try to prepare you for what to expect, but it's always what I expect and not what they expect. They say, things will be weird as you try to blend your lives again. But it's not that way at all, at least for us. It was pretty much just like he had never left, except of course the mountains of laundry, albums of photos to see, and cool souvenirs he brought home. We'd been keeping in touch as much as we could, so we already knew what was going on in each other's lives. He jumped right back into the parent role, and even though a 12 month old and an 18 month old's needs are different, he was great. Maybe it's just because we made sure our communication with each other was a priority... I don't know. But I do know that we're having a great time!
We've gone to the beach, the stores, taken walks around the neighborhood, played with LB, took him on a train ride, etc. He's gone to the gym many times already (very important... apparently, that's all he could talk about underway sometimes!). He's taken LB for a day while I get things done. Like yesterday- he took LB to run some errands so I could lounge at the lagoons with a book and go swimming. Ahhh, loved it. :)
So things have been good! Sickeningly sweet good! I'm pretty sure right now we're the couple that people look at and gag. At least, behind closed doors. We're just so ridiculously happy to be together finally.
And, for those of you that are wondering, he will be home for awhile. We're getting ready to move in Novemberish, and he'll be rotating to shore duty, so that means no long-a$$ deployments! We'll be on shore duty about two years, then back to sea duty, but at least for those two years he won't be deployed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awwwwwwwww YAY!!!!! :o)
YAY!!! :) Sounds of sweet relief as she chills by the lagoon - I'm jel - I want a lagoon that I can chill by ;)
Post a Comment