11/26/10

Happy Drunksgiving

You know what I'm thankful for??  Vodka.  Know why?

*It really helps take the edge off when LB headbutts me in the temple and breaks my Burberry glasses (my first pair of non-BC glasses... you milspousers know what that means).
*It really helps take the edge off thinking about how pissed I am that anything nice I own is destroyed by the three amigos living here, thus causing me to exist in a state of cheap trash until the boys outgrow destruction (which I don't think will ever happen).
*It helps me smile when Hubby passes out on the couch from 2pm to 5pm, leaving me to clean up after the turkey festivities and take care of two little boys who are on a sugar high after eating only potato chips and chocolate truffles all day.
*It makes me not care so much when the boys smash my antique sleigh bells on the ground, break my glass ornaments off the tree (even after I gated the loving crap outta it), and when Hubby pokes fun of my tradition of watching the Macy's parade.
*It helps me relax when I've stayed up all night for Black Friday shopping that Hubby did, while I sat in the cold-ass car with two screaming, overtired toddlers.
*It also helps me relax as everyone takes turns napping for several hours except me.
*Vodka also helps me be happy with the fact that I made an enormous turkey dinner for us but the boys only ate rolls.  (To his credit, JC also polished off his stuffing, but a carb's a carb)

So thank you, Absolut, for a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I just have one last request- take of this headache, will ya??

1 comment:

Taryn said...

I'm a new follower ... and I have to say, this blog is epic. :)

I'm a displaced CA girl that ended up in Southern Maine, so I saw the "NH" in your blogtitle and thought: OOH! I must check this out. :]