10/7/08

F*****************************ck

The bad day continues. Actually, it was only this one incident.

I was rearranging the kitchen and dropped a glass on the floor. Naturally, I was barefoot. For some reason, I decided to put LB in his playpen in the living room, so thank god he wasn't there when it happened. So there I was, stuck in the kitchen, and no foot protection (plus, my vision was all skewed after last night's run-in with a wall). So, I stepped really carefully around the big pieces, but still was poked with tiny shards. I managed to sweep it all (or what I hope was all) up.

But now I'm worried that I missed some huge piece, and LB is going to see it and think, ooooooh, shiny! And he'll put it in his mouth and we'll end up at the ER, and I'll have to explain to the doctor that it was an accident and I wasn't trying to make my baby eat glass. LB will probably stay in the playpen (he's actually pretty quiet right now, just babbling to himself) until I deem it safe enough for a baby to crawl on the floor. That may mean sweeping my bare feet across it, just so if there are any shards left, they'll stick me instead.

*Ironically, the glass I broke was given to me by L, who is notorious for breaking her own glasses. I'll have to call her up and see if she's broken any lately- perhaps the curse has rubbed off on me! :)

No comments: