I know that people really get into the spirit of things with Halloween. And that's fine and dandy. I love this holiday. But what I love more is having a baby finally take a nap after protesting all morning.
So when scary music started to shake my walls and wake LB up, I went from gossip-mag-reading mode to instant-bitch mode. I think the neighborhood kids had something to do with my irritability, as usual. I went outside my house to see which of my neighbors was blaring the music, and realized it was from a house two houses down and across a street.
Seriously? Am I the only one who found that annoying??
These are the same people that participate in a Christian rock band that practices every week at night. A live band. At night. I'm surprised I'm the only person that has said something to these people.
Now, if you know me, you know that I love music. And I love Halloween. But can't they exist without obnoxiousness? I understand that he was just testing to see how loud it was, or whatever lame-ass excuse he said, but this is my neighborhood, too, and this is my house that his music was penetrating, so I think I had a right to be mad. I wasn't mean. I didn't swear. I just explained that LB was taking a nap, and the music was waking him up and shaking my house. Simple. Straightforward. But I think the guy took it wrong anyway, because he kind of rolled his eyes at me.
Whatever.
I've made my point, and I hope that LB can now continue his nap in peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment