

Oops- I didn't post one for last week. Probably because I had yet another cold, courtesy of the boat. So, to make up for it, here is a full, complete meal, which Hubby and I loved (and Puppy, because that sneaky little guy stole some off my plate when I wasn't looking).
Steak with Slow Roasted Tomatoes and Artichoke Crostini (for two... you can always double this for more people)
Ingredients:
1 large top sirloin steak (or two smaller ones, depending on how much steak you want to eat)
McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
4 plum or roma tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 teaspoon thyme
Salt and fresh ground pepper
4 slices of french bread
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1 jar (6.5 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
How To:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare the artichoke crostini topping. Finely chop artichokes and combine with parmesan, 1 tbsp oil, and parsley. Chill in fridge until ready to top the bread. Halve the tomatoes lengthwise. Place in rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle on thyme and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 90 minutes. When there is 15 minutes left, brush bread slices with remaining 1 tbsp oil and top with artichoke filling. Place on baking sheet and put into oven for the last 12 minutes of the tomato cooking time. Heat the 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Season both sides of the steak with the steak seasoning. Cook in hot oil for 4-5 minutes on each side, longer if the steak is thick. When the steak has turned light pink on the inside, place on heat-resistant cutting board (wood is good to use) and slice the steak into long strips. Serve all together.
*I made a few variations. I topped the crostini with mozzerella, since we had it in the house. I also used oregano instead of thyme on the tomatoes- I guess you can use whatever spice you like with them. Pictures are courtesy of marthastewart.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment