LB woke up this morning at 7am. He's usually up between 6am and 6:30, but he slept a little more today. It was fine, because I had to drag him to a meeting at 9:30. He was fine, even though the meeting dragged on until 11:30. He was getting cranky toward the end, and even fell asleep in the five minute drive back home. But as soon as I put him in his crib, he started fussing, and eventually crying. I rocked him, and he started to snooze on my shoulder, then woke up again when I put him down. By then, it was 1:30pm, and he was hungry, so he cried and cried. I tried feeding him some carrots, but he suddenly decided he didn't like them any more. So I gave him a bottle and put him in his crib, crossing my fingers that he'd finally sleep. Nope. He was awake and fussy for another hour. Now it's 2:30pm, and he's finally sleeping.
Now don't judge me for putting him to bed with a bottle. I know it's bad for his teeth, but it was just this one time, and I was at my wit's end. He was obviously exhausted, since he hadn't napped at all this morning, so I was willing to do anything to get this kid to sleep!
PS- Why don't kids realize how good sleep is? Isn't it funny that we fight it when we are little and can sleep however long we want, then when we're older and want / need sleep, it's so hard to get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment