10/8/08

Rapunzel, rapunzel!

I'm sure you all know about the story of Rapunzel, who was held captive in a tower by an evil witch (I think), and her prince charming rescued her by climbing up her hair which she dangled out the window. Yuck... I kind of threw up a little bit, too. But, I supposed those cheesy fairy tales really do happen in real life. I will now tell you a modernized version of Rapunzel...

Once, there lived a Queen Mommy, in a house in Hawaii. She had a Little Prince, who she loved very much. But, although he wanted her to, she could not hold him all day long, because she had to clean the magical toilet and scrub the enchanted floors. So, she would let him crawl on the floors, playing with his toys.

One day, the Queen Mommy and the Little Prince came home from the gym. She was very tired from slaying the Dragon of the Spare Tire, so she placed the Little Prince on the floor and flopped face down on the bed.... just for a minute.

The Little Prince was fascinated by his surroundings. The Queen Mommy's beautiful t-shirts and socks lay in the laundry basket, waiting for bluebirds to sweep in the windows and start folding them. After attempting to fold them himself, the Little Prince looked for something else to do. And that's when he saw the Queen Mommy.

She was being held captive by the bed! I must rescue her, the Little Prince thought. So he crawled to the bed, but could not reach her. There must be a way, he thought, and then he saw it- a dangling, golden ponytail.

The Little Prince was delighted that he was going to be able to rescue his Queen Mommy, and laughed out loud. The Queen Mommy was too pooped to see what he was laughing at. Then, he shouted courageously, "I will save you!" (which sounded more like "da da duh sh duh". The Little Prince extended his little fist, grabbed the glistening (okay, sweaty) ponytail, and gave it one big tug to pull him up onto his feet.

Success! He had done it! The Little Prince had pulled up onto his feet and could now rescue the Queen Mommy. However, it appears the Queen Mommy was NOT being held captive, because she promptly leapt off the bed and seemed a little peeved.

THE END

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!! You should really sell this... You'd have a market: Children's Books for Mommies!!!!!!! I'd buy it!! :o)