10/27/08

Feeling good

I called my bestest friend today, and it's funny how just talking to her about anything puts me in a great mood.

I've been a little bummed out lately. Not really emotional or anything, just feeling blah and bitchy. Hubby's been tied to the boat lately, so I haven't seen him much. And rehearsals have been a little frustrating. Plus, I'm feeling extra-unmotivated to work out, which makes me more out of shape, which makes me more unmotivated, etc. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyway, my friend M was online this afternoon (her night), so I IMed her via facebook. Between typing and getting the baby from his nap, I just finally decided to call her. And I'm so glad I did!

She can read me so well. I didn't even have to say much, she just knew I needed to vent. And vent I did! She's the kind of friend where TMI isn't in our vocabulary, and she knows literally everything about me.

So we chatted for about a half hour, and it was like therapy. No, better than therapy. I spilled, she spilled, we talked about... I don't even know... everything, it seems. I love those conversations with M. I love having someone I can call up that just gets me. And yes, Hubby gets me, but it's good to have a girlie friend that gets me, too.

Luckily, I have several friends that get me, that can read me like a book. But M is my oldest "gets me" friend, and she is the first person to know something about me, good or bad. She's the first friend I see when I'm home, and the first one I call up hang out with. I'm not sure what I'd do without our friendship! It's been 14 years, but it doesn't seem like that at all...

While flipping through my yearbook the other day, I came across M's message to me... more like a novel. It made me laugh so hard just remember the things we've done, and it made me miss M so much! M, if you're reading (and I know you probably are), I love you, MWA! :)

2 comments:

Build Green NH said...

I LOVE YOU TOOO! You're going to make me cry - I miss you so much & while I'm so grateful for technology - I wish you was in my living room! :)

Mental hugs & kisses. I love you. MWA! Smile, grab some nutella, a french baguette, some pinot grigio, a few celeb gossip magazines and enjoy :)

xoxo

NHGirl said...

You know me so well... on my way back from Walmart, I grabbed a gossip mag and an Almond Joy. Now I just need that bottle of red... :)